Friday, October 30, 2015

Day 3 - Discharged from the Hospital

My second evening at the hospital passed without incident. Again, I was fighting jetlag, but everything else was okay. I was being discharged from the hospital that morning, around 11am. I had eaten some of my leftovers in the morning so when my mom arrived, we went ahead to have me shower once more before I left the hospital. 

Dr. Wu paid me one last visit in the morning. He checked again on my pain level and my progress with my toes exercises. I was able to get to about 70-80% bend after all my exercises the day prior. He seemed pleased with the progress and told me to continue with my exercises, but this time do them every hour instead of every 30 min. I had very little pain during rest (probably a level 2) and had stopped taking pain medication the night prior.

The rest of the morning was spent wrapping up my hospital accounts, getting some last minute pain medication from the pharmacy (which I didn't need but took with me anyways), and making sure everything I brought was packed up. The discharge process was very smooth and they provided me with a nice summary of the surgery that was performed on my feet. I was also given some discharge instructions to follow.

Here I am being wheeled out of the hospital to my uncle's car. I was then taken back to my uncle's place to rest and recuperate. Dr. Wu's orders were to not go out of the house for at least this first week. It is better to keep my feet elevated and not walk too much. Also below is one last view from the peak, provided by my friend. :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment