Tuesday, November 17, 2015

One Month Post-Op

I've reached my one month (post-op) today, and now only 5 more months to go! I believe these next 5 months should go by quicker since I'll be back to work in a couple more weeks. Time goes by faster when one is keeping busy. :-)

My feet are still feeling much the same as last week. There is still a little soreness when doing my toe exercises and it is getting much easier to walk. Sometimes too easy and your body forgets to take each step slow. As not much has else has changed with my feet, I will talk about the little things that have made a big difference in this recovery. 

As I am able to use a wheelchair when I am traveling outside, inside the house, I've been able to switch between my crutches and my "indoor wheelchair", which is just an office chair I use to roll around the place. This office chair has saved me time to get from one side of the house to the other (using my heels to move/steer), but it also importantly saves me from walking too many steps. Very helpful, especially during the first few months. Luckily I also have an office chair I can use when I return back to the US.
 
  
I don't think I've shown a close up picture of the boots that Dr. Wu provides, so here is a picture of them. They are very comfortable, easy to use, and protects the feet enough when you walk. The material is porous so it allows air to circulate well. During the warm weather days here in HK, the boots can make my feet warm, but it is not too bad. When I head back to the US, the weather is much colder, so I'm sure I'll be needing to wear socks with these boots. Luckily, the boots stretch well enough to allow for a "bulkier" foot (ex. with a cast and socks). These boots are not rain proof though, so I'll have to be careful when I'm going out in the rain. 


Here is also a picture of the "shower shoes" that were provided by the hospital. They have a rubber part on top, where you insert your foot and the rubber part is supposed to keep the water out. When you first use these shower shoes, these shoes are VERY good and no water comes in when you're showering. Now, after about a month, the rubber has stretched a little more so I'm just starting to see a little bit of water come into the shoe. But so far they are only drops of water, so the shoe still works well. Hopefully, after a few weeks, Dr. Wu will give me the green light to wet my feet, since by now, all the stitches on my feet would have healed my now. I will keep you all posted.


That is all I have for now and I leave you with more pictures of some yummy food I've had here. I have my last appointment with Dr. Wu coming up in about a week and a half and I hope the prognosis will still be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment