Tuesday, January 12, 2016

3 Months Post-Op

Hello again to everyone reading this blog!

As of today, I am technically 3 months post-op (woo-hoo)! I don't have to take X-Rays for another couple weeks, so I'm anxious to see the progress after those are taken. This post will be quite short as I don't have anything new to report. My feet are still doing well and my toe flexibility continues to improve over time. I am finding different ways to stretch my toes so as to test my flexibility. For example if I am on my knees, I place my toes perpendicular to the ground (as if I'm going into a plank position) and I gently bend the toes to see how far they can flex. Ideally, when everything is healed, my toes should be able to support my body weight, but for now, they are still not strong enough so I don't put much weight on them. Also, if I am sitting on a chair, I try to stretch my toes on top of the chair base/legs. I am hoping it somewhat helps with the flexibility.

I do feel my feet are stronger as it is becoming much easier to walk. Not as many little muscle aches and ALMOST feels like my feet are back to normal. This is the time period Dr. Wu warned me about, though. People often make a mistake, assuming they can resume normal walking speed because the feet feel fine. But walking too fast can still cause problems so I have to keep telling, and forcing myself to walk slow. It is very hard to walk slow, but I think about the time and money I have already put into this surgery. I definitely want to make sure I heal well. 

Since I still cannot wet my feet, I continue to use wet wipes to clean them every night. That seems to be working very well. The shower covers are still very usable and should last until my casts can be removed.  

That is all I have for now. Please feel free to ask me any questions through the "Comments" section, if people have any. I hope to post again in a couple weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment